Pauline Easby

Pauline Easby

Monday 12 November 2012

But thats not all! theres goldwork and beads too.




Found this fabric in a second hand shop, thought even if I dont use the fabric I could use all the gold work and beads, that was a border around the fabric, so since September I have painstakingly sat most evenings and removed each bead and strand of goldwork, and this is why I guess I am able to send a blog. I feel I have completed something and now I ready for my other ventures, but let me show you some of the fabric close up before you see what I have done with it.


my apologies for the terrible photos you know they are not my strong pioint, just wanted to show you the ammount of work that was involved in removing this embellishment. By the way the fabric was 3-4 meters long. The box of goldwork and  tin of glass beads are what I emoved. What a treasure eh.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Pauline,

    Just found your blog.
    What an amazing find, I can only begin to imagine the time and dedication it must have taken for you to remove all the beads and goldwork.
    Bet your shoulders could have done with a rub and a stretch out afterwards!
    Looking forward to seeing them re-utilised in your usual beautiful style.

    ReplyDelete