Pauline Easby

Pauline Easby

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Im not emotionally overwhelmed Im passionate about life

Yesterday after walking home from the shop I began a little rant in my head regarding  where I want to be in life and how much it had changed since I began my six year degreeathon. I had forgotten all about how initially I had only wanted to learn how to relax, no expectation of changing careers etc, but I got so involved in the creative process I just fell in love with each module, continually pushing my ideas and creativity mentally and physically. Then I got an internship in Copenhagen which resulted in freelance work, (which I have now returned to after the hectic final year) and thought this was as good as it gets for me. Then my minor project, Indigo and interest from an exclusive boutique began to raise my hopes. I began to think on a completely different level, maybe I could make it as a top designer, and get paid for the time I actually put into my designs. But alas this fell through and lets just say rocked my confidence, and made me devalue my First class honours, making me question where I wanted to be and what I wanted from life. After talking to Ingrid I began to realise where I want to be, I want to be with a company that likes me for who I am, someone who accepts my emotional overwhelmingness. Hey I'm passionate about life and everything in it . So this is a big shout out for  family, friends, lecturers and Fusion for believing in me. I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that just because you want something for a year doesnt mean you deserve it. I guess you have to want it from being a babes in arms.

3 comments:

  1. Tell you what P, it'd be a sad day indeed if your joie de vivre were ever to be stifled...rock on queen - you are the mostest and we love you for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard once college has finished, coming down to earth with a bit of a bump. I think your passion will drive you forwards to fabulous things. They might not be the things you had been hoping for over the past year but that won't mean they are any less valuable. Thanks for your comment on my blog Pauline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are fabulous, lady! Keep your head held high you are destined for amazing things!! Xx

    ReplyDelete