Pauline Easby

Pauline Easby

Tuesday 21 February 2012

my inspirational finds of the week

When I first began this blog I mentioned I was easily inspired by anything. I love walking although I dont do it very often, but when I do whether here or in another country I seem to come across all sorts of things that other people dont notice, dont want or just dismiss as rubbish. But I seem to see the potential beauty in everything. For example walking into town befor I went on my Paris trip  I came across these.
 They may not look like anything special but the hat, which is a sequined beret style was just left amongst some leaves on the floor . The sequins will come in very, very useful. The nuts and washers are rusted so for me immediately tell a story, or enable me to conjure up a story.
The washers etc can easily be embroiderered onto fabric using a blanket stitch creating a raised eyelet effect.
I cant wait to start my new project! dont want to give too much away just yet, but the concept is excellent even if I say so myself. It combines two major events which could also be construed as one, therefore there will be alot of questioning, emphasis on thought and meaning and forcing people to look deeper into things rather than seeing things only on face value. However I must finish this project first I still have a lot to do and time is running out.

No comments:

Post a Comment